Saturday, March 30, 2013

Let´s try again

My second video is done and finished and out there. So it´s time to start with another one. I think this time I might do something shorter, much simpler, but more detailed (better drawn). My first idea was a person playing a piano, but that didn´t interest me so much so I decided for something that might be a little more challenging and involves some background action (not much, just some).

The idea is a flying bird. The "camera" will be a little behind the bird, following it as it flies through a city. Could be good, if I manage to draw it properly.

I have started by watching a few videos of flying birds on YouTube (which I normally don´t do because I don´t care about birds much) to see how the bloody animals move. And after that, I´ve quickly drawn a few pictures to see if it works and to decide about the timing. The result is below.


Yes, it´s ugly and barely visible, but that was the point really. Not to spend too much time on this, it´s just a part of planning. From my last video, I have some experience with results of bad planning. And I want to avoid it this time. I think it doesn´t look bad as it is, it´s on 5 frames per second speed, which means that if I take the pictures (draw them better of course) and then put 3 frames between each two, it might work. I´ll probably make the flight longer later, but for now, this is enough to start with.

I have also heard, that if you draw frames continuously one after one, the action is smoother than if you do a few key drawings and then put another drawings in between them. So I think I´ll try that, I have nothing to lose.

Anyway, not a bad start, I´ll see if it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment