Tuesday, March 5, 2013

#3 The Planning Continued

What is this post about

As promised, I have taken the drawings I was writing about in last blog entry and I have redrawn them in a proper size (in my case A5) which is the size of frames I want.

Changes of the story

Firstly, I should explain that I have decided to lose the part where the artist folds the paper, and then the knight cuts himself through the paper (it´s boxes 15-21 from my previous post). I thought the whole scene with folding paper looked a little weird and I wasn´t sure how to draw it so that it would look good. The same applies for the knight cutting the paper. If we forget the fact that it doesn´t make much sense, the few pictures I've drawn for that particular scene look quite boring, I think. To sum it up, drawing all the frames would take some time. And I don´t want to waste time and paper on drawing something boring and uninteresting. Especially when the rest of the story can survive quite well without that bit.

Story in Motion

Now I finally get to the topic of this post. That is, the frames containing the important poses of the characters. You can see it in a video below, I just took the few pictures and played them in a slow speed (1 fps - 1 frame per second) so that I can see how the finished thing will look like. This is the first time I´ve tried something like this, but I think it´s a good idea.

The result of this is, that I will (probably) leave the scene where the knight kicks the pencil away. It looks uninteresting, and the pencil can stay there, I don´t see any harm in that. The truth is, that it looks uninteresting only because it´s drawn in an uninteresting way (the knight from profile, that´s a little lame). So, throwing it away or redrawing it so that it´s more interesting is something I´ll have to decide later. No need to rush with that.




Next Post

In number 4, I´ll finally get to drawing some frames. It´s about time, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment