Saturday, March 9, 2013

#5 Some More Scenes

As promised last time, this blog post will contain some more finished scenes (finished in the vaguest possible meaning).

Scene One 

I thought it might be nice to have a scene where the knight doesn´t do anything, just waits for the next move of the artist. However, if the knight stood still, it would be like essence of boredom, he should move a little. And one of the obvious things people tend to do even when they are not doing anything is breathing. In this case, I thought the knight might be tired from all the jumping around on the paper so he might be breathing heavily. Watch the video below to see what I mean.


I have only drawn it once, of course, I just looped it four times for the blog, the timing needs some work, the breathing looks too quick to me like this. I am not sure where in the video this scene should be used, but maybe when the artist is looking for some weapons in his drawer, it might be nice to just show the knight breathing heavily. 

Scene Two

The next one is a piece where the knight hits the pencil with his shield and makes the artist drop it. Not so much to say this time, the video is below. Unlike the first video in this blog, this one seems too slow, which can be helped very easily after scanning all the frames when I will be putting the video together.


Scene Three

The last part of today´s post is about the scene where the knight avoids the hand with the eraser. This consists of three movements, firstly, the knight moves his body to the (his) left, then he raises his right leg and then he falls down on his knees. The frames in a video are below again, and as always, it needs some more work when playing the frames and timing the whole thing. Because the first two movements merged into one, which is not what I would want. So I think a longer pause between the two movements could fix the problem. 


Ok, that´s all for this time. I´ll just explain what I haven´t written before. These videos I post here are "finished" only in the meaning that I think I don´t need to draw more frames. When I draw all the frames for whole video, I will need to do some cleaning and inking, then scanning all the frames (this will be the worst part thanks to Mr. Hewlett, Mr. Packard and their stupid scanner that is only 2 months old and already doesn´t work properly), then some pc cleaning (erasing backgrounds and putting the frames together, probably in Gimp), then adding some colours, then finally making the video (probably in Windows Movie Maker, just like my first video). 

So, that´s my plan. Still a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment