Tuesday, March 12, 2013

#6 Problems With Breathing

This time, I have decided to get the scene where the knight is just standing and breathing to a finished state. It was much worse than I expected.
During the inking process, I didn´t pay as much attention as I should have. That resulted in a terrible video, where the helmet of the knight changed shape all the time and it was incredibly messy. In this post, I´ll write about my three attempts to correct it.

Attempt 1


Now, what to do with a video where solid things change shape. I have redrawn all the frames again. It´s only 8 frames, not pleasant, but no big deal. And the result was better, but not much. The helmet needed to be the same shape the whole time, and it wasn´t.

Attempt 2


I´ve decided, that when you breath, your head doesn´t move at all (which is a lie). So I took the first frame, I have deleted everything except the head and copied it to all the other frames. Perfect, right? Now the head doesn´t change shape. Watch the video below to see the result of that.


Terrible, it looks ridiculous. He is not moving his head at all. It looks unnatural. Also, his left shoulder moves weirdly (actually, it changes shape in an unnatural way). I was quite happy about the rest. It wasn´t perfect but, I think it was good enough.

Attempt 3

My last attempt. I have decided to copy the head from first frame, just like in No. 2, but this time, I would move it slightly in every frame in the direction of the shoulders. Which means up and left. 


As you can see for yourself, still no perfection. But I think I´ll leave it like that. It is an improvement from the previous versions, and I don´t want to spend too much time on a short unimportant scene like that, which doesn´t help the story at all.

Now, Iď like to concentrate on making the scene where the knight hits the pencil (for the first time) with his shield. So, that should be topic of the next post.





No comments:

Post a Comment