Monday, April 8, 2013

New Video

I have finally finished my last video. You can watch it here.
The process of making this new one started here. So, I´ve decided to write some statistics about it in case someone was interested.

The video has 8.64 seconds in total. The final version on Youtube is longer because I added the intro and the end titles (neither of which was really necessary, I suppose :D ). Anyway, 8.64 seconds. It took me about three weeks of not really intensive work and (this is not a surprise) the most boring part was the cleaning, colouring  and similar stuff on computer. I enjoy the drawing, these technical things are not so interesting for me.

Back to the statistics. The whole thing is on 25 frames per second, because of Windows movie maker that I use to transform the images into a video. You have to decide about the time for which each frame will be shown, not how many will there be in a second. And 1/24 is not a nice number. But 1/25=0.04 is, therefore 25 fps. Some parts of the video (short ones) have the flying bird frames shown on 12.5 fps, half the usual. These are parts where the action is slow (for example when the bird is gliding from left to right). I think it still looks good enough, even though there are not enough frames.

I have drawn 110 images of the bird in different stages, scanned it to computer, deleted the white backgrounds, and coloured the bird (really annoying). Then three pictures of the buildings (which can also be called three layers of background, I suppose). You can see them here or, obviously, in the video. I drew and inked these by hand and then coloured them in a computer. For the lowest layer of background, I have used watercolours and tempera colours. I wrote about these backgrounds in a previous post.

If you are into finance stuff, the transparent paper (only for drawing the bird) I used here cost me approximately 6.6 EUR = 8.6 USD = 5.6 GBP, pick your favourite currency. It was all drawn on an A4 size paper, with a 16:9 rectangle (the screen).

That´s all I had to write today, thanks for watching the video (if you did) and thanks for reading this post (if you did).

No comments:

Post a Comment